Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another long hiatus.

Yes, been gone again from this blog for a long time. We moved into a new house, the midget started at a new school and will be 5 next month, the baby has four teeth and will be 1 next month, and the awesomest of awesome news is that I'm starting a line of handspun yarn that will be the first to be released under my Orange Fibre Company brand. I've already made some progress on my soon-to-be-famous Top Shelf Alpaca (a gorgeous fine 3-ply, hand-combed, hand-dyed, cashmere-soft alpaca yarn), and I've produced plenty of consistently good aran weight merino. I'm getting ready to put in a big order with my fiber supplier in Denmark for more merino, and then I'll have a large batch of the softest, most fantastic merino wanting to go to good, loving new homes.

The alpaca goes much more slowly, as it is entirely hand processed by one person, from raw fleece to finished dyed yarn, and there's a reason it's called Top Shelf. It's like a margarita - you could make it from any old tequila and it would be drinkable, but if you ask for the really good stuff, you'll never want to go back to that supermarket liquor section swill.

Look for more news soon on The Orange Fibre Company's fantastic products!

1 comment:

Nonni said...

The world is waiting for photos . . . !